The results are in for AHIMA’s 2017 Election. Terms will begin on January 1, 2018. Information on elected roles with AHIMA and their responsibilities is at ahima.org/volunteers/electedrole.
AHIMA Board of Directors President/Chair-elect
• Valerie J. Watzlaf, PhD, MPH, RHIA, FAHIMA
Directors on the AHIMA Board of Directors
• Seth J. Katz, MPH, RHIA, FAHIMA
• Kim D. Theodos, JD, MS, RHIA
• Melinda A. Wilkins, PhD, RHIA, FAHIMA
Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management (CCHIIM) Commissioners
• Cathy A. Flite, PhD, RHIA, FAHIMA
• Charlotte J. McCuen, MHA, RHIA
• Rebecca B. Reynolds, EdD, MHA, RHIA, CHPS, FAHIMA
Council for Excellence in Education (CEE) Council Members
• Norbert E. Belz, PhD, MHSA, RHIA
• Mary Beth Haugen, MS, RHIA
• Elaine J. O’Bleness, MBA, RHIA, CHP, CDIP, CRCR
A total of 3,982 votes were tallied this year, with a voter turnout association-wide of seven percent, down from 9 percent last year. Visit the Engage AHIMA Membership and Business community to see the voter turnout report by CSA.