In order to make it easier for our KHIMA members to get to the ENGAGE site on AHIMA, we have added a link below for you to click on that will take you directly to the log in page. This will be helpful for everyone to access their KY CSA.
After you log in, click on the community’s button and locate Kentucky, then when the community opens click on the link to join.
The Kentucky Health Information Management Association (KHIMA) is a component state association of the American Health Information Management Association. KHIMA has thousands of members who are employed in hospitals, ambulatory care and long term care facilities, behavioral health care facilities, physician offices and clinics, government agencies, insurance and accounting firms, information system vendors, colleges and universities and a variety of other areas. The members are credentialed as Registered Health Information Administrators, Registered Health Information Technicians, and some hold certification as Certified Coding Specialists.
The KHIMA membership is composed of members of the American Health Information Management Association who are employed in and/or reside in Kentucky and members living in Kentucky but employed in another state who select Kentucky for their state association membership and choose Kentucky as their Community on ENGAGE.
The association provides the following services for its membership:
- Publication of the newsletter, the KHIMA FOCUS
- Sponsorship of an annual meeting held in conjunction with the Kentucky Hospital Association annual meeting
- Specialized workshops as needed
- Coordination with regional associations throughout the state
- Publication of the Kentucky Legal Reference
- Scholarships and Credentials Exam Reimbursements
- Annual Distinguished Member Award
- CEU Meetings and Event Listings on Web-Site
- Regional Updates including meetings, etc
For more information about membership categories and educational requirements, visit www.ahima.org.
KHIMA membership is FREE – no additional state dues apply once you are an AHIMA member. Note that you cannot just join KHIMA – you must be an active AHIMA member and link your membership to KHIMA.